Dhaba Style Paneer Masala is so easy to cook at home. Paneer is an all-time favourite for Indian vegan people. This is a tasty main course vegan dish that goes well with rotis and rice. This recipe fully loaded with spices, herbs, and butter which makes the gravy creamy consistency and more yummy. Dhaba Style Paneer Masala cooking process involves a lot of roasting masalas, using roasted gram flour powder to make masala more thick in texture and to enhances good flavor, they use dried Kasturi methi and coriander leaves.
- Paneer – 400 GMS
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Chopped Onions – 1 Cup
- Tomato puree- 1 cup
- Tomato puree- 1 cup
- Yogurt- ½ cup
- Finely Chopped Dhaniya – 2 Tbsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Salt- 1 tsp (according to your taste)
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin/ Jeera Powder-1 tsp
- Red chili powder-1 tsp
- Roasted Gram Flour- 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder / Haldi- 1 tsp
- Black Peppercorn- ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chillies / Sukhi Lal Mirch – 2
- Bay Leaves/ Tej Patta – 2
- Cloves – 5
- Cinnamon Stick / Dal Chinni- 1
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Kashmiri Lal Mirch- 2 tsp
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves / Kasuri Methi – ½ tsp
Dhaba Style Paneer Masala Method
1. Take paneer cubes in a bowl and add ½ tsp Haldi powder, ½ tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp Garam Masala powder, 1 tsp lemon juice and leave it a site for 15 mins.
2. After 15 mins heat a pan. Add oil to fry marinated Paneer. Saute it just for 2 minutes to coat masalas on paneer nicely to give it a golden colour and keep it aside.
1. Heat another pan and add 2 tsp butter on it, after melting butter add ½ spoon of Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder which gives a nice colour to paneer masala.
2. Add Cinnamon Stick, Dry Red Chillies, Bay Leaves, Cloves, Black Peppercorn, and roast the spices for couple of times.
3. Add chopped onion and fry until it gets a golden colour, add Ginger Garlic paste roast it about 2 minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and green chilies to it and stir continuously until cooked. Add Yogurt and salt and mix well.
5. Add Roasted Gram Flour and all spices (Haldi, lal mirch powder, Cumin powder) and mix well until gravy starts to release oil.
6. Now add water according to your requirements and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Remove the lid; you can see oil start to float on the surface of the pan. At this time add fried paneer cubes, garam masalas, and dried Kasuri methi and mix well for 5 minutes.
8. Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leave, now the Dhaba style spicy paneer masala is perfectly ready for serve.