Chicken Parmesan or Chicken Parmigiana is both the same mouth-watering, delicious and overloaded with cheese that satisfies your taste buds and love to it again and again. In the United States it’s known as “Chicken Parm” and In Australia as a “parma”, “parmy” or “parmi”. Actually Chicken Parmesan is not an Italian Staple; it’s origin in the United States. Traditionally backed Chicken Parmesan is a breadcrumb coated fried chicken breast placed with saucy tomatoes or marinara and topped with melted cheese. You can use any type of bread crumbs, but to make chicken extra crispy toss breadcrumbs a while before using. There are different varieties of chicken parm recipes available online but this one is quite simple, easy and classic. It is a perfect recipe for weekend dinner with some soft noodles and loaves of bread. Let’s quickly check the ingredients.
2 Boneless Chicken Breast
½ cup Bread Crumbs (as per required)
½ cup flour
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup prepared tomato sauce
½ cup fresh Mozzarella Cheese cubes
½ cup fresh Basil
2tbsp. finely chopped spring onion
1 chopped onion
4 cloves minced Garlic
2tbsp. Black pepper powder
2tbsp. Red chili Flakes
Chicken Parmesan Direction:
1. For Chicken shallow Fry we need to cut 2 chicken breast lengthwise to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Season chicken thoroughly with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Take 3 medium-sized flat plates for marinating of chicken.
2. Beat eggs with a fork in a plate and set aside. On another plate, take bread crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Black pepper powder, mixes well with fingertips. Place all-purpose flour on a separate plate and set aside.
3. Evenly Coat each Chicken Pieces in flour and shake off the excess from both sides. Dips coated chicken breasts in beaten egg and then transfer it to bread crumbs mixture and coat nicely from both the sides. Repeat the same for remaining pieces and let it be for 1omins.
4. Heat olive oil in a grill pan over medium flame. Add chicken, shallow fry from both sides until it turns crunchy and golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel plate to absorb excess oil.
5. For prepare tomato sauce or marinara heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add spring onion, chopped onion and garlic, sauté for 5mins. Add tomatoes along with water, season with salt as per requirement, black pepper powder and chili flakes. Add little water to make it saucy. Cook for 10mins and stir well.
6. Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C. Remove Tomato Sauce from the Heat. Transfer it to an iron backing dish and place fried chicken pieces in the sauce. Top with grated mozzarella cheese, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese, chili flakes, black pepper powder, basil leaves and drizzle with a spoonful oil. Now back in the preheated oven around 15mins until cheese is melted and turns slightly brown in color.
7. Garnish with grated cheese and serve it immediately.