Pakora Recipes are Indian crispy snack, super easy to make any time at home. Pakora recipes required only few ingredients. You can serve this tasty pakora deep-fried delight with chutney or sauce or you can grab it like this only. It is the most popular roadside street food across India.
The 8 different Pakora Recipes shared here to must try at home in this quarantine period while watching movies or spending time with your family members that can easily prepare within 20minutes.
1/ Spinach Pakora/ Palak Pakora
Ingredients: For Palak Pakora Recipes we need ½ cup Besan, 8 Palak Leaves, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp rice flour, salt to taste, ½ tsp Ajwain, Pinch of baking soda (optional), water as required, Oil for deep frying
1- In a bowl add besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder, rice flour, salt, Ajwain and a Pinch of baking soda, mix well.
2- Add water to make a thin batter.
3- For deep frying, heat oil in a pan. Deep the whole palak leaves in a batter from both sides and slowly drop them in the hot oil.
4- Fry till they become crispy and golden brown on the medium flame.
5- Remove the Palak pakora from oil and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
2/ Crispy Onion Pakoda
Instructions: For Crispy Onion Pakora recipes we take 2 cups thinly sliced onion, 1 cup Besan, 1 tbs Rice flour, 1 tbs Ginger finely chopped, ½ tbs ajwain, 1 tbs chilli powder, 1 tbs salt, few curry leaves, oil for deep frying
1- Add all the ingredients (Besan, sliced onion, Rice flour, Ginger, ajwain, chilli powder, curry leaves and salt in a mixing bowl.
2- Nicely coated besan with onion on your fingertips. Sprinkle little water, make sure the batter must be tight, not soggy. Give it a good mix.
3- Heat oil to fry. Take some batter in your hand and slide them gently in the hot oil.
4- Fry till they turn golden brown.
5- Take them out from the oil and enjoy it!
3/ Mix Veg Pakoda
Ingredients: 1 cup Besan, 1 tbs Rice flour, 1 cup (sliced cabbage, chopped beans, chopped potato, green peas, chopped brinjal), 1 chopped onion, 2 chopped green chilli, ½ spoon chopped Ginger, Few chopped coriander leaves, salt to taste, ½ tbs ajwain, 1 tbs garam masala, ½ cup Water, oil for deep fry
1. Add all the ingredients in a bowl along with salt, garam masala and, ajwain. Mix well and keep aside for 5mins.
2. Add water and mix to a thick yet flowing batter.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan. Take a spoonful of batter and drop in the oil. Keep stirring and fry on a medium flame until it crispy or golden brown.
4. Drain them on the kitchen paper and serve Vegetable pakoda with chutney.
4/ Aloo Bonda/ Aloo chop
Ingredients: For Aloo Masala- 3 tbs oil, 2 Boiled aloo, 1 chopped onion, 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste, ½ spoon turmeric powder, ½ spoon chili powder, 1 spoon garam masala, salt to taste
For Batter: 1cup besan, 1 tbs rice flour, ½ spoon turmeric powder, ¼ cup water, salt to taste
1. In a pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds, onion, and ginger-garlic paste. Sauté until the onion turns brown.
2. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt to taste.
3. Now add mashed boiled potato and mix well. After 5 min of stirring add chopped coriander and garam masala. Mix well.
4. Our aloo masala is now ready.
5. In a bowl add besan, rice flour, turmeric, salt and, chili powder. Mix well and add water to make a thin batter.
6. Take a small ball sized aloo masala, dip in besan batter and coat uniformly.
7. Deep fry it in hot oil, and stirring occasionally.
8. Once it turns golden in color drain off over kitchen paper, and enjoy Aloo chop with green chutney.
5/ Chilli Bajji/ Green Chilli stuffed Bajji
Ingredients: 6 green Pepper Chilli/ Mirchi, 1 Cup Gram Flour, 2 tbs Rice Flour, 2 tsp Red Chili Powder, a Pinch Asafoetida, 1 tsp Salt, 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, 1 tsp Lemon Juice, Oil For Deep fry
1. In a clean bowl add besan, rice flour, chili powder, asafoetida, sat, chopped coriander, and lemon juice, mix it well. Add little water and make it to a thick batter.
2. Slit the green chilli each lengthwise in the center with a knife, remove all the seeds from chillies.
3. We can dip it in batter like this and fry or we can stuff some aloo masala or onion mixture on it to enhance the taste of bajji.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Take stuffed chilli or plane chilli, dip inside the batter, coat it nicely and carefully drop into the oil.
5. Fry the bajji in medium flame to a golden brown.
6. Once done drain it into the paper towel and Serve!
6/ Gobi Pakoda:
Ingredients: 1 Chopped Cauliflower in medium-sized florets, 1 tbsp. chili powder, 1 tbsp. haldi powder, Salt to taste, 1 cup Gram Flour, a pinch of Hing, ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste, 1/2 tbsp garam masala, water as required, oil to fry
1. In a bowl take some hot water and place cauliflower into it. Add salt with haldi and mix well. After some time strain the cauliflower and remove the excess water.
2. Take another bowl and add besan, hing, salt, haldi powder, chili powder, garam masala, and ginger-garlic paste. Pour water as required and whisk it and make a smooth batter. Marinate the cauliflower in it for 5 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan. Add all marinate Gobi one by one n medium flame.
4. Fry till golden color. Drain and Serve cauliflower pokoda hot with chutney.
7/ Methi pakora
Ingredients: ½ cup Methi leaves, 1 small chopped onion, 1 chopped green chilli, ½ tbsp. finely chopped ginger, ½ tbsp. red chilli powder, 1 spoon ajwain, salt to taste, a pinch of baking soda, water, Oil to fry
1. Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it well without water. After 5 min add little water as required for a soft batter without any lumps. You can adjust the batter consistency by adding water to thin or gram flour to thick. Make it a medium consistency.
2. Heat oil for frying and add a spoonful of methi pakora batter to the oil.
3. Make sure to cook equally from both sides. Remove from oil and serve these with tomato sauce.
8/ Bread Pakora
Instruction: 4 Slice bread, 1 cup Gram flour, Chopped coriander, ½ spoon Ajwain, 1/2tbsp. Haldi powder, 1/2tbsp. chili powder, water as required, salt to taste, water and oil for fry.
1. Add besan, coriander, ajwain, haldi, chilli powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix well with water to prepare a batter with medium consistency not very thin.
2. Add bread slices on it, coat well and drop them in hot oil.
3. Deep fry until golden brown from both the sides.
4. Drained on tissue paper to absorb excess oil and serve with chutney of your choice.